Hey There! Andie from The Gayby Project: Making the Next Generation of Fabulous nominated me for the Liebster Award recently. Blogger awards are such a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers. This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
- What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever created? For me, my relationship is the most beautiful thing I’ve created though I can’t take all the credit for it. Good relationships take work and Jade and I work pretty hard to make sure we are truly considerate of each other. I consider our relationship beautiful.
- If a movie was made of your life, who would play you? Hmm…I would like to think Kerry Washington in the way she embodied the character Olivia Pope on the show Scandal.
- Most memorable dream ever? Hmm…. Listen folks, I’m on meds that give me pretty vivid dreams. My most recent vivid dream would be of Jade and I sailing in the Mediterranean. Completely random since neither Jade or I actually sail.
- Creamy peanut butter or smooth. And WHY? I actually prefer Almond Butter.
- The literary character you’d most like to hang out with? Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games because she is a badass. There are a lot of other literary characters who each have strong merits of their own but I’m not sure I’d necessarily like to hang out with any of them (i.e. Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre, Celie from The Color Purple, Janie Crawford from Their Eyes Were Watching God, etc.).
- Words of wisdom for the next generation? I could create an entire blog post with this question. I would probably tell the next generation to just be kind. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to your body. Be kind to your neighbors. Be kind to this world.
- What song is currently soundtracking your life? Ironically, this song is most played in my world right now thanks to my amazing 18 month old goddaughter. True story. Not kidding.
- What quality about your parents do you have but wish you didn’t? Hmm. I don’t think I acquired any traits I wish I didn’t have from my parents. One trait I wish I did have is my father’s ability to see the bright side of every situation consistently.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Content with who I am. Fulfilled. A mom.
- How do you take your coffee? I prefer tea. Particularly this one with organic honey. If I drink coffee, I like to have it iced with extra cream and one raw sugar.
- If you could live in any time period (excepting the present), where and when would you live? Hmm, I’m African American so there aren’t a whole lot of time periods of the past where I would be comfortable living. So, with that in mind, I would go to the future to a time when there are equal rights for all people regardless of socio-economic status, sexual orientation, race, color, or creed.
Here are my nominations (in no particular order!). If I have renominated you, sorry!:
- TTC #2 – Four Completes the Set
- Love Invents Us
- All Things Relative
- Kathryn Finding the Unexpected
- Mama Deux / Two Mamas
- And Baby Makes 3…Hopefully
- Mama, Interrupted
- Two Immas
- Barren & Unemployed
- Hearts of a Feather
Here are my 11 questions:
- What is the best book you’ve read recently?
- Name a pet peeve.
- If you could travel any place and money was not a factor, where would you go?
- If you could go to any concert, whether they are dead or alive, broken up or together, who would it be?
- Red wine, white wine, beer, or water?
- Do you have a celebrity look-a-like? If so, who?
- What are three blogs you read most often?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is one skill or hobby you’re interested in learning?
- What are five words that best describe you?
- Beach or mountains?